Sunday, August 29, 2010

Ain't no party like a Glenn Beck party

Glenn Beck came to Washington, DC Saturday.  Obvs, I had to go and take pictures.  We parked near GW and walked down to the mall, passing all sorts of bumper-stickered and messaged cars, including one with a discarded jeans diaper next to it:


Got to the mall and saw what I expected.  Oodles of red, white, and blue and flags a plenty:


And Reagan fetishists:


And statements that I'm/We're "not racist":


And patriotic Christians:


And, bringing, one could say, a bit of Texarkana to our nation's capitol, Christians carrying 8-foot crosses:


And a hungry Satan pregnant with Glenn Beck's child:


As I said.  Just what I was expecting.  So to speak.

Walked back towards GW and the car, where I saw t-shirts whose messages were a bit more familiar:


There were more pictures than I could/should put in this post.  If you want to see more of the pictures I took today, see the album at the Texarkana Dispatch on Facebook.

No comments: