Monday, December 21, 2009

Cold Tranny Mess Edition

Yea federal government snow day!  On my day off walking around downtown, I can report that most of the sidewalks are well-shoveled, salted, and sanded.  I saw at least 5 snowmen by the Capitol Christmas tree.  Here is a decidedly less family-friendly one in front of the GAO on 4th st nw:


Yes, Virginia, that is a condom on her branch penis.  Loved this sign by a crosswalk by the mall:



Push the button all you want.  And then jump over waist-high snow at least a foot deep to get to the crosswalk.  And after wandering in the snow, nothing is better than the warmth of the Botanical Garden Conservatory:   


With trains!  And now my favorite place in DC.  Not just because of the plants and warmth, but because I apparently dropped my scarf just inside the entrance as I walked in and stripped off my layers, and it was still there an hour later when I left, but neatly folded on a bench.    

No comments: