Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Citizenship Edition

So, we had a huge storm pass through Texarkana around 5 pm today, just when I had planned to go vote. (As an Arkansas resident. Just like Huckabee! But not Hillary!) Thunder, lightening, black skies, the works.

And for those of you who don't know, my precious little Dascher is a bit of a hellion in those weather conditions. Thunderstorms drive him to shred all paper products he can reach (which, at 10 lbs, is rather limited). He's especially fond of toilet paper. He also has been known to eat thumbtacks during a thunderstorm. Who knew you have to move thumbtacks out of reach?! And my laundry basket. Canine Good Citizen? No.

So, there's a thunderstorm. And I want to go vote. But I don't want my house destroyed. So, I brought the dog to the polling place where I used his little paw on the electronic voting machine. Canine Good Citizen? Indeed!

No comments: