Sunday, April 1, 2012

Million (give or take 999,800) Mustache March


Thanks to one of the neighborhood blogs, I learned about the "Million Mustache March" taking place in the area today.  Obvs, given my fondness for scruffy hipster types, I went to check out what I hoped would be some fine displays of ironic facial hair.  The 100 or so (I'll be generous here) 200 marchers were, indeed, a scruffy little band, with ironic stick-on facial hair,


ironic chants ("occupy your upper lip"),


ironic signs,


and, unfortunately, ironic spandex.  Red spandex on men:  NOT GOOD:


But, given the dearth of cute hipsters to my liking, the best thing I saw were these non-ironically-retro-dressed Christian proselytizers along the route, who put down their pamphlets and instruments and watched in stunned silence:


No comments: