Monday, July 5, 2010

Mushrooms for all! Mushrooms for democracy!


This 4th of July "expect delays" sign was stuck in holiday traffic in Chinatown this weekend.  It got me to thinking:  other than delays, what makes an American democracy?  Of course, I turned to the letters to the editor of the Texarkana Gazette (not a church newsletter!), where I was reminded of the importance of the franchise:


I wonder how the straight party line ticket works when you're voting for Jesus (since he is omnipresent and all).  But, if Jesus isn't running for every office, how should I be guided in determining what's best for American democracy?  Again, the Gazette letters to the editor provides the answers (check out the green arrow):


God has spoken!  And he wants Americans to choose the fancy mushrooms!

No comments: