Monday, March 17, 2008

One! Singular Sensation . . .

Hello All!
Driving back to work after lunchtime errands today I saw a MtF transsexual. And then realized this was the first transsexual I'd seen in my 1 1/2 years in Texarkana. And that I hadn't given a thought to the unfortunate dearth of Texarkana transsexuals until today.

Puts you in a philosophical mood: you don't know what you've got til it's gone. They pave paradise . . .

Speaking of singular sensations brings to mind another Texarkana "one." Texarkana is a one-escalator town. The building housing our fine city's one escalator is currently being remodeled from an antique mall into a nightclub. I'm sure the escalator will be the focal point of many illicit activities and subsequent regrets. I can't wait.

Love from the trenches,
Jess

No comments: